Our personal homemade muesli receipe is a little something we put together to help eliminate added sugar from our daily diet. By creating our own muesli we can eliminate those pesky added preservatives that normally carry some kind of added sugar to extend the shelf life of their products. By combining the naturally sweet flavour of dried fruit and honey along with the crunch of baked rolled oats, we were able to create our own muesli recipe that we loved while still having that delicious sweet taste to start our days.
Using a variety of fruit will add flavours.
- 500g Rolled Oats
- 100g Sultanas
- 100g Cranberries
- 100g Pumpkin Seeds
- 150g Natural Almonds
- 150g Natural Cashews
- 100g Liquid Honey
- Olive Oil to Mix
How To Make
- Preheat oven to 160 Celsius.
- Mix rolled oats & pumkin seeds into a bowl.
- Lightly Crush almonds and cashews together then add into the mixture.
- Drizzle liquid honey and olive oil through mixture until you have a moist texture.
- Place mixture onto a flat tray and make sure its spread evenly.
- Place tray into oven and cook until slightly brown in colour. (Stir the muesli every 10mins, approx 30mins cooking time)
- Once cooked, remove the tray from the oven.
- Sprinkle the sultana and cranberries into the muesli.
- Leave in tray until cooled.
Drizzle honey over to serve.
Using plenty of fruit brings colour, flavour and texture to this delicious breakfast.